10W amp in a shoe box!Great for beginners! (TDA2003)



This is my second amplifier project after the 1/2 watt lm386 mini amp which you can find in my videos.

This amp is based on the old tda2003 chip which was mainly used in car audio.

I used it to make a carton box amplifier with speaker for my computer.

The drive I am using here is 4ohms at 15Watts which is too much anyway wattwise. With a 2ohm speaker you get a maximum drive of 10Watts. 4 ohms give 8 Watts, 8ohms- 6Watts.

Here is the schematic I used for this amp.

R3/R2 is the gain.

C4 is a ceramic capacitor.All the rest are electrolytic.

Pot-I 've used a 50K potentiometer here.

This chip can take up to 3.5 Amps!Quit powerful.For power use a 12-18 Volts DC adapter or battery.

And here is the completed tda2003 amplifier in a carton FILA shoe box!

Music piece playing in the video is called 'Here we go again' by Arthur Fordsworthy from public domain.



For absolute beginners- how to build a project like that.

First find the Resistors,Caps,Potentiometer,etc needed.

Then you can start building it according to the schematic.You can try the circuit first on a breadboard before you actually solder it on a pcb.

And here is the amp in a much better box-and MDF one!

Post a Comment

Νεότερη Παλαιότερη