Another lynx joule lamp replica

I've replicated the Lynx joule lamp circuit and managed to light two 3 watt LED lamps -6 watts total.

I've had many difficulties building this circuit-magnet wire is very expensive here and I had to use several pieces of different gauge and joined them together.Nevertheless the aircore did work.I couldn't get a cfl or a bigger LED lamp to light though.

Notice that one of the LED leads goes to the collector not the emitter.This way the 2N3055 transistor can take more amps and not blow if you for example connect a bigger battery.

Here are my specs.
about 1'' diameter paperoll
About 700-800 turns secondary.Not sure how many exactly.Most part of  the coil is 27 gauge.
160 primary (with less turns the lamps would not start).I've used lamp wire here.
one 2n3055 power transistor with heatsink
a diode from emitter to base
a 100nF cap in series with the collector wire.
The diode is supposed to protect the transistor but I noticed that the amp draw decreases a bit also.
The 100nf decreases the amp draw a little bit more.


arximastoras.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Νεότερη Παλαιότερη